The Avant SHL test results/reports logins can be used to:
- View test instances
- Monitor testing progress
- Monitor scoring
- Access and download test taker results (both summary and individual)
View Test Instances
To view test instances, follow the steps below:
Step 2: Filter and Search Test Instances
Step 1: Access Report
- Go to https://app.avantassessment.com/login
- Enter the Test Code provided by Avant Assessment
- Click LOG IN
- Enter the Password provided by Avant Assessment
- Click LOG IN
Step 2: Filter and Search Test Instances
The Report Page allows Testing Coordinators to do the following:
- Filter by Language
- Search by First Name, Last Name, Login Name
- Filter by Date
Monitor Test Progress
Use the screen to track test takers’ progress through the test:
- Determine who has taken the test
- Determine who needs to finish the test
- Determine how a test taker’s Login Name was entered for those who need to resume the test
The test taker has not started this section of the test. If all sections are marked NS the test taker has completed only the Profile.
The section is not started as the test taker did not score at a high enough level in the previous section. The system recognizes this low level and the test stops for this test taker and exits them from the test (Early Exit).
The test taker has started, but not completed, this section of the test. For the Writing and Speaking sections, click the IP to see how many responses have been submitted.
This section of the test is complete, but rating is not complete for one or more responses. Click the SP to see how many responses have been rated.
Raters were not able to rate any of the responses in the section. To determine the cause, click the NR to review the test taker’s responses. Possible reasons for “Not Ratable” Writing or Speaking responses include:
- Non-target language – The response is not in the target language.
- Off-topic – The response does not relate to the item topic.
- Violent/Profane – The response includes violent or inappropriate language.
- No speaking – A Speaking response was submitted, but has only background noise or is not understandable.
- Lexical recognition, dictation, partial translation, sentence completion, and verb conjugation scores are available when the test taker completes each section.
- Writing and speaking scores are typically available from 3 to 5 business days after test completion.
Upon logging in, the test taker answers a series of questions indicating what they believe they can do in the language across five modes of communication:
- Interpretive Mode – LISTENING (Understanding Spoken Language)
- Interpretive Mode – READING (Understanding Written Language)
- Interpersonal Mode – SPEAKING (Speaking with another person)
- Presentational Mode – SPEAKING (Speaking to another person or audience)
- Presentational Mode – Writing (Writing to another person or audience)
The Self-Evaluation score is available when the test taker completes the section. The Self-Evaluation section score is not included in the Avant Score calculation.
The Avant Score shows an appropriate placement level for a test taker. The Avant Score is not a total average score. The Avant Score is determined by the calculation of scores from each section (lexical recognition, dictation, partial translation, sentence completion, verb conjugation, speaking, and writing).
IMPORTANT: An asterisk (*) displays to indicate that the test taker appears to be at the high end of the indicated Avant Score.
Accessing Writing and Speaking Responses
The Avant SHL test Writing and Speaking responses are evaluated by Avant Certified Raters using the Avant SHL Rubric.
To view or listen to the test taker’s Writing and/or Speaking response, click the score shown in that area of the detail report. The Writing response will be displayed. Click the Play button to listen to the Speaking response.
Scoring is done using Benchmark Levels 1-7. The levels are associated with Benchmark Categories of Novice, Intermediate and Advanced as shown in the Level Keys below. The numbers 1-7 for Writing and Speaking relate to the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines in the following manner:
Access and download Individual Reports and Results Summary for test takers. For best results, wait until all testing and rating is complete.
Individual Reports Download
Access and create Individual Reports for a specific or all test takers on the list:
Create an Individual Report for a specific test taker.
- Click on the Report icon to access the Individual Report for a specific test taker.
- Click on the Printer icon to print out the Individual Report (you can create a PDF version of the report if your printer selection includes a PDF writer).
Create Individual Reports for multiple or all test takers on the list.
- Check the box to the left of the test takers you wish to generate reports for.
- Click on the Printer icon, then click on Individual Reports and then click on either All or Selected.
- Click on the Printer icon on the report.
Individual Reports include the following sections and information:
- Avant Score Section
- Lexical recognition
- Sentence completion
- Verb conjugation
- Self-Evaluation Section
- Interpretive Mode – Listening
- Interpretive Mode – Reading
- Interpersonal Mode – Speaking
- Presentational Mode – Speaking
- Presentational Mode – Writing
- Proficiency Self-Evaluation Level
- Test Taker Profile Information
- Test Taker Email Address
- Years studied the testing language
- Grades formerly studied the testing language
- Tests taken in the testing language
- Family speaks Non-English at home
If desired, the Individual Report can be distributed to test takers or parents, along with the Avant SHL Scoring Rubric.
Results Summary Download
The Test Taker Data download feature creates an Excel (.csv) file that includes test taker test results along with the profile information and other test-taking data. From the spreadsheet you can create a customized report with just the fields you want, and sort it as needed.
To create the download file:
- Click the download button and allow a few moments for the download to load and click on Test Taker Data when the link appears.
- Follow the instructions on your screen, which may vary depending on your computer setup.
Retakes and Resets
Under certain circumstances, retesting and resetting portions of the test may be permitted. Please refer to our Request a Retake page for more information on our policy and how to make the request.