Dual Language Immersion Specialists
Language is the heart of dual language immersion. That is what makes these programs so special: a student’s language proficiency is the foundation for all other core subjects.
Learners thrive in an environment where they are challenged linguistically in everyday contexts and develop holistic knowledge of real-world language use. Parents enroll their students for the purpose of achieving proficiency in two or more languages.
So why is language proficiency often overlooked? With MEDLI, it’s not.
MORE Effective Dual Language Immersion (MEDLI) is a global initiative with a mission to fulfill the promise of DLI– to create a world where every child is multilingual.
What is MEDLI?
Director for Professional Learning
Director of STAMP WS Rating & DLI Specialist
Professional Learning Specialist
Begin with Proficiency in Mind
The key to building a highly effective dual language immersion program is accountability through language proficiency assessment data and strong instructional practices that build proficiency.
Proficiency through a DLI lens describes the language learners’ needs, both developmentally and cognitively, as they grow through the DLI program.
Language proficiency assessment tools like Avant STAMP provide the accurate and reliable benchmarking needed to:
- inform curriculum practices.
- demonstrate learner growth.
- showcase program efficacy.
- enable proactive planning for hiring and MORE!
Avant STAMPe is effective in benchmarking as early as K-1.
And, we never delete the data, so you can conduct longitudinal analyses — perfect for DLI programs.
The Complete DLI Solution
Gathering proficiency data is the foundation. Understanding how to use the data builds sustainable practices.
Our experienced team has proven strategies for:
- Administrative support and coaching in starting and developing DLI programs.
- Integrating international teachers.
- Teacher proficiency verification.
- Training on analysis and data-informed practices.
- Navigating challenges in each year of the program.
- Implementing curriculum practices based on accurate results.
- Developing leadership capacity among teams.
- Engaging parents, district supervisors, and school boards to build community support.
Language Proficiency 101
Price: $700 Two, pre-recorded asynchronous modules
Powering up Proficiency Through Effective Engagement Strategies
Price: $2100 includes 3, 1.5-hour sessions
Sparking JOY: Engaging ALL Learners, ALL the Time in Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking, Through a Strong Learning Cycle
Price: $2100 Includes 3, 1.5-hour sessions
Teacher Toolbox Series 2: Immersion 101
Price: $7700-$9200 Up to 25 teachers. The Canvas platform seat license: $12/ participant (required).